March 2, 2010

Project #1: Dining Room Table

FINISHED PRODUCT!!!
Before I sanded the edges. Notice how shiny it is...that is because it is STILL WET after OVER 12 hours!!!!
Building a house with Daddy!


Lindsey was building the railroad tracks.



I love this face!!



This is how our Sadie Lynn eats!! She refuses to sit down.

Before the paint went on. We had to putty a bunch before we could paint.
ALL THE PUTTY!!

WOW things take FOREVER to dry here!! In Arizona it would have taken a matter of hours to dry but NO we live in NEBRASKA & it took OVER 24 hours to dry!! I just barely finished the table today & here it is Tuesday!! I guess that the dry heat is good for something!!!

So Saturday my amazing husband helped me fill all the cracks & seams in the top of the table & he sanded it smooth for me! I am so lucky to have him!! Then once all the putty dried we painted & the painting didn't take long at all. It was so fun to work on a project together.
While we were waiting for the putty to dry the girls enjoyed a new gift from their Grandma & Grandpa Davis. They sent them the Linkin' Logs set. We all sat down as a family & tried to make a house! It was really fun. I forgot how hard they can be though.

5 comments:

Spencer and Chelsea Coon said...

I LOVE the table!! It turned out super cute! Good job!

K.C. + Sherry Layton said...

wow that table looks a million times better! and i love that you filled in the cracks. way to go!

LaMar & Donna Davis said...

Pretty cool, you guys worked on the table as a team! It looks so nice! SADIE LOOKS SO MATURE!!!
She has grown SOOO MUCH! I'm glad the girls like the Lincoln Logs! ILY Mom D.

Danny & Alyssa Coon said...

You guys did such a good job I love it! You've inspired me to fix up our kitchen table, it needs some major TLC!!

Jill said...

Great job on pulling off your mom's birthday party. Grant said it was a perfect evening. He was sorry you weren't able to come. Good job also on that cute black table. Also FAbulous job on losing weigh. You look amazing.